Hey there! I’m going to guess that you’re here because you’re interested in getting stronger, getting back to the gym from some time off, start your strength journey, or get your muscles ready to get to the gym! Well, you’re in the right place.
Let me introduce myself: I’m Julie Read, welcome to my internet home. I’m a licensed massage therapist (PA-MSG008034) and certified personal trainer that LOVES anatomy and movement. I even draw muscles because I’m so into them. Working with clients who want help getting stronger or staying out of pain is the best job I’ve ever had. What that can look like:
- a 1-1 personal training (let’s actually call it strength training!) session
- a small group training session
- a 30-60 minute massage + movement assessment and treatment
- distance coaching (we’re internet best buds and I write you a strength program for you to do solo)
My home base(s) are in South Philadelphia; give me a shout out at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to chat more!
What my clients say:
Julie is amazing! This is my first time doing personal training in my life, started a month and a half ago and now have finished with close to 20 sessions. My motivation for starting came more from wanting to get a higher energy level/stamina throughout the day for work and when doing other sports. Her sessions are very well thought out and she works attentively/very close with you to make sure you’re getting the right amount of workout you need. Each workout is designed for a new challenge and it feels great to be progressing and working on something new! I feel great after each workout and very happy to have decided to work with her. – Nina S.
I do want to thank you for our sessions, it was the first time I really enjoyed working out, which is HUGE. It gave me hope and enthusiasm. – Rachel C.
I appreciate Julie so much. She is a very talented personal trainer. Before meeting Julie, I either didn’t work out at all or I did way too much and pushed to the point of injury. I never knew if the workouts I was doing were exactly the right thing for me but Julie knows what will work for me. She takes the mystery out of how to achieve a healthier you. She is caring, dedicated and she listens to my concerns. She makes working out worth the struggle. I feel so many positive changes. The workouts are challenging and consistent and I see results that I can and want to build on. Julie’s focus is on overall health and wellbeing. I feel better, look better and I have much more positive attitude. Thanks Julie!! -Leah H.
I hate working out- but I have really appreciated and enjoyed my time working out with Julie! As a professional, it was really important to me that I not spend the next 4 days after a workout suffering from the effects of my session. Julie listened to this concern, and responded effectively. Not only have I had minimal discomfort after a workout (in some ways feeling it is inevitable, right?) but there have been significant changes to my body’s silhouette, strength, and stamina- which I could not have achieved without her guidance. Julie is a great listener and an effective trainer- I’d recommend her to anyone who has special needs and or mobility/flexibility issues! – Laura H.
Certifications & Continuing Education
- MBSC Certified Functional Strength Coach (May 2018)
- Myokinematic Restoration, Postural Restoration Institute (January 2018)
- Women’s Strength and Empowerment Weekend, hosted by Girls Gone Strong (April 2017)
- OPEX Certified Coaching Program (December 2016)
- CPR Certified, American Red Cross (July 2016)
- Motivation and Movement Lab, Mark Fisher Fitness (February 2016)
- Women’s Fitness Summit, hosted by Girls Gone Strong (August 2015)
- Radiance Retreat w/ Jen Skinkler, Jill Coleman and Neghar Fonooni (March 2015 & May 2016)
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer (August 2014)
- Functional Movement Systems Level 1 Certified (February 2014)
- OPEX Certified Coaching Program, nutrition module (December 2016)
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certification (In Progress)
- Foundations of Sports Massage/Sports Cupping (March 2018)
- Yin Myofascial 95-hour Immersion course (March 2015 – September 2015)
- Myoskeletal Alignment for the Upper Body (in progress)
- Side Lying Techniques (July 2014)
- Mind over Muscle Matters (6 part series, January 2014 – June 2014)
- Usui Reiki Level 1 (January 2014)
- Clinical Assessment and Treatment for the Low Back and Pelvis© (September 2013)