I’m constantly searching for new ways to make cauliflower. I love the taste and texture, but if you’re eating it every week it can get a little boring. This recipe is inspired by a cold salad bar dish I love at Whole Foods. Usually I’d rather eat something warm than cold – except in the dead of summer when all I want to eat is arugula salads (am I alone here?). So, here’s a warm cauliflower side dish that brings tons of fresh flavor.
Parsley & Parm Cauliflower
- 1/2 head cauliflower (approx. 1.5 lbs)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- Salt to taste
1. Put water on to boil and chop your cauliflower to bit sized pieces.
2. When the water is boiling, add the cauliflower pieces. Cook for 4-6 minutes, depending on how crunchy (or not) you want your cauliflower. When the cauliflower is done cooking, strain it and run cold water over to slow the cooking process. Dry off the cauliflower as much as possible with a kitchen towel.
3. Chop parsley and grate Parmesan.
4. Brown the butter in a pan and add parsley. Cook for 2 minutes until fragrant.
5. Add in dried cauliflower and Parmesan*. Cook until Parmesan is melty.
6. Add salt to taste. Enjoy!
*Don’t want to eat dairy? Try subbing garlic: mince and add to the butter and parsley until fragrant, then toss in the cauliflower!