A few weeks ago I ran into an issue: I wanted an Everything Bagel. I know, right? Either you love them or you hate them and I am a LOVER! The problem is that I don’t eat gluten. So I had to come up with something to put all of those flavors. I had some chicken in the fridge and the below recipe was born. I. Can’t. Even. It’s so good – I ate all of the chicken from the first batch when it was too hot to handle.
1 heaping tablespoon dried onion
1 heaping tablespoon dried garlic
2.5 teaspoons poppy seeds
2.5 teaspoons sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 chicken breast, cut into strips
1. Turn the oven to 350°.
2. If you haven’t cut the chicken, do that. I cut mine into about 1 inch strips.
3. Mix all of the spices together in a large dish. Note: Some people also use caraway seed on their Everything Bagel, if you like that, add it to the mix. Others like an equal portion of the above spices, with the exception of salt, so if that’s you, do that! I like the onions and garlic the most, so I added a little bit more of them.
4. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil over the chicken strips, rub to coat.
5. Drop the strips, one by one, into the spice mixture, rolling to coat the entire tender.
6. Place on a baking sheet and cook for about 15 minutes or until done (internal temp reads 165°).
7. Optional: Turn oven to broil and broil for 3-5 minutes to crisp the top layer. These are best eaten fresh, but if you need to reheat, do so in the broiler if time allows.
These pack a big punch, try them with steamed or sauteed veggies. Also, if you’re going to see anyone after eating these, bring some mouth wash!