Welcome! I’m Julie, a Certified Personal Trainer and Licensed Massage Therapist.
I’ve been interested in wellness for a long time – I started gymnastics when I was a kid and haven’t stopped moving since. I’ve done several types of workouts over the past 27 years – everything from gymnastics to running, hammer throwing, CrossFit, and weight lifting. In between those I’ve also swam and taken on a 350 mile bike ride with my Dad and sister.
A few years ago I was looking for a change from the finance world so, I went to massage school. On the first day of school I was told that our lives would never look the same. Wow, my teacher was right. A year and a half later I moved on from my job in finance and started a business helping people to make the most of their body. Waking up and feeling so ready to take on the world makes me want to tell as many people as I can that those feelings come from small and consistent changes.
When I’m not working, taking copious amount of continuing education classes, or at the gym, I’m either cooking new meals at home with my husband, planning our next trip, or exploring all of what Philadelphia has to offer.
- Women’s Strength and Empowerment Weekend, hosted by Girls Gone Strong (April 2017)
- OPEX Certified Coaching Program (December 2016)
- Motivation and Movement Lab, Mark Fisher Fitness (February 2016)
- Women’s Fitness Summit, hosted by Girls Gone Strong (August 2015)
- Radiance Retreat w/ Jen Skinkler, Jill Coleman and Neghar Fonooni (March 2015 & May 2016)
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer (August 2014)
- Functional Movement Systems Level 1 Certified (February 2014)
- OPEX Certified Coaching Program, nutrition module (December 2016)
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certification (In Progress)
- Yin Myofascial 95-hour Immersion course (March 2015 – September 2015)
- Myoskeletal Alignment for the Upper Body (in progress)
- Side Lying Techniques (July 2014)
- Mind over Muscle Matters (6 part series, January 2014 – June 2014)
- Usui Reiki Level 1 (January 2014)
- Clinical Assessment and Treatment for the Low Back and Pelvis© (September 2013)
All the business stuff
Disclaimer: Please consult a physician before incorporating information from www.theworkingbodytherapy.com into your lifestyle. I am not a doctor and should not be consulted to aid in any medical condition. Everything on this website comes from personal experience and is opinion.